Fans of New York Times best-selling writer Matt Kindt are in for a treat, as Dark Horse Comics has made the first issue of Kindt’ Dept H free to read on CBR.
Matt and Sharlene Kindt collaborate on the Dark Horse series, which follows a special investigator named Mia that is hired to dig into the events taking place at a deep-sea research station. What Mia finds is a crime scene filled secrets, underwater monsters and an impending flood.
“Another series with a premise that seemed outlandish when I wrote it — but feels more relevant now than ever,” Kindt said in a statement. “A murder mystery and a daughter coming to grips with her father’s legacy set against the backdrop of a world in the middle of Contagion Wars.”
The complete first issue of Dept H #1, along with its solicitation information, can be found below.
- Writer: Matt Kindt
- Artist: Matt Kindt
- Colorist: Sharlene Kindt
- Cover Artist: Matt Kindt
- From New York Times best-selling MIND MGMT creator Matt Kindt comes an exciting new undersea sci-fi mystery.
- Mia is a special investigator hired to uncover possible sabotage taking place at a deep-sea research station. What she finds is a mind-blowing crime scene filled with suspects with terrible secrets, strange deep-sea creatures, and an impending flood!
- Intricate mystery stories perfect for any fan of crime and sci-fi fiction!
- “Kindt understands perfectly how to reveal his mystery to the reader.” — Publishers Weekly
- “Matt Kindt is the man.” — Junot Díaz (Pulitzer Prize–winning author of The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao)
- “Kindt has developed into one of the most exciting and original talents in the business.” — LA Times
KEEP READING: Matt Kindt’s MIND MGMT Board Game Launches Kickstarter
Dark Horse Comics has made Dept H #1 by Matt Kindt available to read for free on CBR.