Crisis-Ezra-Miller-Flash

Former Flash Directors React to Zack Snyder's Justice League News

Once slated to direct the DC Extended Universe’s Flash solo film, Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley have commented on HBO Max’s upcoming release of Zack Snyder’s Justice League.

“It’s about time. There’s been such a movement trying to get that to happen,” Goldstein said in an interview with THR. “It also aligns with new corporate needs — they have a new platform to promote. I’m curious to see what the difference is after all of this.”

RELATED: REPORT: The Flash Movie to Replace Kiersey Clemons’ Iris West

Daly chimed in, noting his surprise about the $20 million budget needed to complete Zack Snyder’s Justice League. He then went on to speak about how streaming services offer directors more chances to present their initial visions to audiences, which he believes is a good thing. However, Daley added, “That said, a lot of times when I watch the Blu-ray of a movie, I end up watching the theatrical cut and not the director’s cut because it’s usually an hour longer. A lot of fat does need to be trimmed sometimes.”

Daley and Goldstein previously wrote the story to 2017’s Spider-Man: Homecoming before it was announced that the pair would helm DC’s Flash solo film. Eventually, the two would leave the project citing “creative differences” and It‘s Andy Muschietti has since stepped in as director. The Flash is set to release on June 3, 2022.

RELATED: Zack Snyder Confirms at Least Two Versions of Darkseid in Justice League

Zack Snyder’s Justice League will drop on the HBO streaming service sometime next year.

Jonathan Goldstein and John Daley, who were previously set to direct The Flash, shared their thoughts on the Snyder Cut's upcoming release.

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *